Friday, March 12, 2010

Hunger and thirst for righteousness

This is my friend Ryan Lin, from China, who lives here in Eugene. Ryan is a new Christian who is just growing and wanting to know more about what it means to follow Jesus. He called me this week and we met at a Taco Bell by his home where he just kept asking me for Bible verse after Bible verse to help him flourish in the faith. He had brought his Chinese / English Bible with him, along with a notepad and pen, carefully writing down the Scripture references I gave him. He told me he was going to take those verses, write them out on paper, and hang them on his wall so that he could see them everyday. He said he just wants to fill his mind with the things of God. When I told him about the power He can have that comes with being filled with the Holy Spirit (right there in Taco Bell), I would have given anything for you to see his face literally brighten up, his head nodding affirmatively while saying, “Yes, I need that, I need that.” When I think of Ryan, I am reminded of the words of Jesus, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness…” Ryan has a deep hunger and thirst for the things of God. With Easter Sunday just a few weeks away, how hungry and thirsty are you for the things of God?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home