Monday, October 04, 2010

10/10/10

For my blog this week, I'm reposting my weekly email to members and friends of our church!

Good Monday morning all! I just wanted to give you a final update on what happened at church all week. We just concluded a week long campaign with The Strength Team that involved four school assemblies in three Springfield elementary schools with approx. 700 students, 5 nights of services with over 600 in attendance, 88 people making first time commitments to Christ and many more rededicating their life to Christ. It was the most significant event in the 61 year history of the Springfield Church. I want to say thank you to everyone who supported this evangelistic campaign including the church board, ministry leaders, and the many of you who helped every night in various ways. God is so good and proves Himself faithful time and again! Our church has never been healthier and we are praying for God to use us in even greater ways to impact Springfield and beyond for Christ and we know that will happen! The mission of our church is to "Love People into God's Family" and this week I couldn't be prouder of my church family who loved dozens into God's family!

I’ll remind you later in the week, but this coming Sunday, October 10, 2010 is our special 10/10/10 service. I am asking you to pray for 10 of your friends, co workers, family, etc. who need to know and walk with Jesus. I am challenging you to invite 10 unchurched friends with you to church this Sunday. Because of 10/10/10, church will begin at 10:10 am, Tim and the worship team will lead us in 10 great worship songs, and then my son Caleb, who in 10 months will be 10 years old, will help me preach an inspiring and encouraging message entitled, “God’s Top 10 List for Your Life.”

Let me leave you with this verse I read this morning from Isaiah 44:22. The Lord is speaking to His people and He says this, “I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me for I have redeemed you.”

Where I live, often times in the morning there is a heavy mist that covers the beautiful hills directly behind our house. But by mid morning, that mist is completely gone and I can see the beauty of the hills once again. And what God is saying is that by His grace He has swept away our sins so that we can see His glory and be in right relationship with Him and others. And because of that, those who have strayed are to return. God is always seeking to restore what sin has destroyed. Sin tears apart, but God’s grace always restores! Live in that awesome reality this week! Have a great week!

Love, Pastor John

1 Comments:

At 7:04 AM, Anonymous Harlan H. Cannon said...

Pastor John. We do not know each other, but I have looked at your site and have read your statement on the evangelistic campaigh completed resently. What a great effort and results. Glory to God, Halllelujah is in order for what God has done in Springfield. Everywhere in the Kingdom there needs to be this kind of Passion for the lost!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home