Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011 Reflections

As I reflect on Easter Sunday 2011 at Springfield Church, I am in awe of the resurrection power of Christ at work in His church!  The congregation was so moved by the special choir cantata that told the story of the life, death, and resurrection of Christ in song.  If you would like a CD of the choir cantata from Easter Sunday, please let Karen in the church office know.
The beautiful banquet table that Mary Ellen prepared for us to help illustrate my sermon was such a powerful reminder of the great banquet table that God has prepared for His children in the age to come.  If you would like to hear my Easter 2011 sermon, you can click the following link – http://springfieldchurch.org/audio/04242011.html

I had the privilege of baptizing nearly a dozen people on Easter Sunday!  I felt like John the Baptist!  I suppose I was / am John the Baptist!  We rejoice with those who made that important and public commitment of water baptism and their resolve to follow Jesus all the days of their life!  Thank you to all who made not only our Easter Sunday a special and meaningful one, but for your daily and faithful commitment to Christ and His church!   

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home